For ISP network management, you will need:
- User authentication.
- Monitor and filter of internet activities.
- Bandwidth shaper.
- Accounting and statistics.
Usually, you will need several systems to achieve this goal. Today, WFilter NG Firewall, a linux based next generation firewall provides a total solution for ISP network management, with below features:
- Two types of authentication: “Web Auth” and “PPPoE Auth”.
- An “Internet Usage” module to record web surfing, downloading activities.
- Rich internet access control policies: web filter, application control, ip-mac binding …
- Bandwidth policies of realtime rate limit and monthly bandwidth cap limit.
- Bandwidth optimize solutions.
- Internet usage and bandwidth statistics.
- A web push feature to push statistics, web page and advertise.
All these features can be configured in the “WFilter ISP module“.
More details can be found at here: WFilter NG Firewall ISP Module