Client or browser plugin internet filtering solutions require you to install a client agent or browser plugin in client pc to filter websites. This solution has below advantages and disadvantages.
- Easier to be deployed. You can install client agent or plugin instantly.
- Can block domains or filter websites via cloud-based url category database.
- Can not filter smart phones internet access.
- Need to be installed in every client pc.
- Clients can break filtering by changing browser, or killing the agent process.
Compared to this internet filtering solutions, WFilter ICF is more difficult to be deployed. However, WFilter is more powerful and easier for maintaince:
- WFilter can filter the whole network by one installation.
- All type of clients can be filtered, including smartphone, andriod, mac, windows, linux.
- No client installation is required.
- More features: internet usage monitoring and reporting, application control, web filter…
So, for personal/family usage, client & browser plugin web filtering solution might be a good choice. But when you need to manage a business network, WFilter ICF provides a better solution.