Nowadays, most business networks provide WiFi service. However, WiFi makes it more difficult for IT administrator, as described in below:
- Much more devices in network.
- Various operation system(IOS, Andriod, Windows).
- Most wifi clients have dynamic ip addresses.
- Can not distinguish pc and mobile phone.
- Can not identify mobile users.
WFilter can help you to override these issues, and get your WiFi network manageable.
1. Identity Client Operation System
In “realtime bandwidth”, “online users” of WFilter, you can get a clients list, with IP, MAC, OS…
2. Various Authentication Solutions
3. Blocking, filtering and recording
You can set internet access policy by IP addresses, MAC addresses and usernames. In a DHCP network, you can set policy based on MAC addresses, so changing of IP has no influence.
In the recording feature of WFilter, you also can track internet usage( web activities, email activies) of Wi-Fi clients. Even mobile phone brand and model can be detected.
WFilter extentions also help for WiFi network mangement. For example:
- Network clients scan extension: scan the list of network clients.
- Nat discover: discover clients who are sharing their internet.
In general, we recommend:
- a). Reasonable network topology, separate IP ranges of PC and WiFi.
- b). IP bindings to WiFi clients or enable user authentication. Unauthorized access shall be forbidden.
- c). Use “nat discover” extension to forbid internet sharing.